Wednesday 17 July 2013

River Island: Best Sale Picks!

I find River Island sales very hit and miss. I cant stand in store sale shopping in River Island as every time i have gone in, its been completely ransacked with clothes everywhere and that's only after being open for an hour! Don't get me wrong, working in fashion retail for six years made me realise this cant be helped. Customers don't care what they do to the place as long as they find what they are looking for but walking into a store like that is just a headache! Although i love bargain hunting it is a bit too overwhelming so i would rather try my luck online. I usually find a lot nicer things online anyway and I usually get carried away buying more than i need and in two sizes just in case the first doesn't fit.

Waiting for my large sale parcel to arrive i get so excited, its like Christmas come early. However, on unpacking the items i usually feel a surge of disappointment. The quality isn't as good as expected, it looks slightly different to what i thought it would or its bad fitting, resulting in the majority being sent back which is gutting. 

This means that over the years my River Island collection in my wardrobe has remained small, although year after year i still fall into the thinking (and believing) of 'this time will be different!'. I found some gorgeous pieces below from this years summer sale which are real bargains. So you never know with the ever competing high street and the likes of Primark and New Look giving them a run for their money, the problems i have previously  encountered may have finally ironed out! Fingers crossed!



 Fringed backless top, £25- £12
 Angel wing hairband, £10-£3




Red embroidered top, £22- £10


Maxi skirt, £25-£15


Belted mini skirt, £20-£10


 
 Blue crop top, £10-£5

On a side note, anyone else notice how many pieces by Rihanna for River Island were heavily reduced?! Although most pieces were not really my style, sooo many bloggers were writing and raving about it and with her being one of the biggest stars on the planet you would have thought it would have been a bit more popular (??). Being a celebrity range, the prices were understandably dearer than normal which would work if the style and quality matched. However, charging £35 for this crochet top that i personally hate, no wonder its more than 50% off now! I know Rihanna is known for her 'out there' style which was demonstrated by her collection, but it didn't transcend well to the high street. Adding a few more wearable items may have helped, but then it wouldn't be Rihanna's style, so a bit of a catch 22 problem there... 

What do you all think? What would be the best way to approach Rihannas collection, or do you already love it?




2 comments:

  1. I tried on but didn't buy the fringed crop top and its fab on, they just didnt have my size :(

    Cat xxx

    dropsoffashionthread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these picks!
    Especially the winged headband,, beautiful

    Kelly || DayDreamsDaisyChains.com

    ReplyDelete